If you hate shaving because hair re-growth is fast, don’t like tweezing because hair removal method is too slow, then you can benefit from threading. Threading is an ancient hair removal method that is common in the Middle East and India. This process involves removing unwanted hair by the root with the use of a cotton thread.
The most common use for threading is trimming and shaping eyebrows. But it can also be used to remove hairs in the chin, cheeks, sideburns, and your upper lips. Threading removes the entire follicle which means hair re-growth will start to happen 6 weeks after threading is performed.
How threading works
With threading, a cotton thread is pulled on the area you want hair to be removed in a twisting motion. This traps the hair in a lasso style so when the practitioner pulls the thread it lifts the hair out of the follicle.
Advantage of Threading
- Threading is clean and infection-free. The cotton thread will only be used once then disposed after it the procedure.
- Threading can even out eyebrows. Threading has a unique property which will be able to even out the hair it removes. Most hair removal techniques like tweezing, sugaring, or waxing cannot match the way threading can remove ‘trouble’ brows.
- Threading is fast. An average aesthetician can thread eyebrows in as fast as two minutes.
- No chemicals are needed to remove hairs. All it needs is a cotton thread and your unwanted hair can be removed easily without the need for chemicals which can cause side effects to some people.
- Threading can develop permanent results. Frequent threading can cause your hair follicle to get damaged which can stop hair growth.
- Hairs may not get uprooted. Only a skilled threading professional can perform threading in an accurate and efficient manner. If hair gets broken and the roots are not 激光脫面毛 removed from the follicle, expect faster hair re-growth.
- At least 1/6 inch. At least 1/6 inch of hair is needed so the thread can wrap around the hair.
- It is hard to find a skilled threading practitioner. Threading is a skill that someone can easily learn in just a few classes nor be adept with it only through experience. If you live in a metropolitan area, it will be hard to find a salon or spa that can do this hair removal technique.
- It cannot be performed on other parts of the body since threading takes time, consider other alternatives.
What to expect
The pain is similar to tweezing; however, the process is very quick. It’s so quick that you won’t feel much pain unlike when tweezing. You can use a warm compress to open up pores so the hair can be removed faster and apply numbing spray afterwards so it will not be too much painful.
Threading is cheap, and it varies to where you want threading be performed. For example, threading in eyebrows will usually cost at around $10 to $50 and the chin at $15. It also depends on the area where the salon is located. If the salon in the metropolitan region has threading, it will likely be more expensive than a salon located in rural areas because threading is common there.
Arnel Colar is a freelance writer expert in epilation and depilation. For more hair removal tips and other information on hair removal methods like sugar waxing [http://thehairremovaladvisor.com/sugar-waxing/] visit this website.